Park Electrochemical 3Q Profit More Than Doubles
MELVILLE, N.Y. (AP) ¿ Park Electrochemical Corp. said Tuesday that its fiscal third-quarter profit more than doubled, helped by a lower tax rate and fewer charges compared with the year-ago period.
The circuit materials maker earned $7.2 million, or 35 cents per share, up from $2.9 million, or 14 cents per share, in the same period a year ago.
The prior-year period's results included a restructuring charge of $570,000.
Sales slipped 6 percent to $46.1 million from $49.2 million for the quarter ended Nov. 29.Park's tax rate was 7.4 percent for the quarter compared with 33 percent a year earlier.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV