All but essential functions at Yahoo!, such as customer support, will close for the week.
It's the first time Yahoo! has required most of its 13,200 employees to use vacation time or unpaid leave during the holidays, according to the Associated Press.
Yahoo! isn't the only Silicon Valley company that will be closing most of its offices from Dec. 25 to Jan. 1. As they have in the past, Adobe (ADBE) and Apple (AAPL) will be closing offices during the holidays.Yahoo!'s cost-cutting moves have included the elimination of about 2,000 jobs since September 2008. Revenue for the year at the Internet search company will decline for the first time since 2001. >>See our new stock quote page. -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV