Jones Soda To Review Buyout Offer From Big Red
SEATTLE (AP) ¿ Jones Soda Co. said Monday its board will review a buyout offer from Big Red Holdings Corp. that amounts to less than half of the company's market capitalization.
Privately held soft drink maker Big Red has offered 30 cents per share in cash for Jones Soda, marking a 55 percent discount to the stock's 66-cent closing price Monday. Based on Jones Soda's 26.5 million shares outstanding the deal is worth $7.95 million.
The board "may negotiate" with Big Red and intends to pursue all available options, the company said in a statement.
CEO Joth Ricci said the difficult economic conditions "have continued to negatively impact our liquidity and financial condition and caused us to explore strategic alternatives in an effort to enhance shareholder value." Seattle-based Jones Soda retained North Point Advisors in February to explore strategic alternatives, including a possible sale.In November, Jones Soda reported a loss of $6.1 million on revenue of $21.7 million for the nine months ended Sept. 30.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV