China Stocks for the Holidays
I wanted to cover some companies that may not be the cheapest in the world but still would confuse those efficient market experts out there for being relatively inexpensive based on some future projections.
I also think that mentioning other ideas that are worth owning going forward probably won't dilute my reputation of being aggressively cheap. I will tell you how I see it. It's always fun to take a look at companies from various value perspectives.
By staying on your toes, you can see the best values in less time and take better advantage of them. And so, we begin a quick holiday series that I'll try to make at least a little bit interesting. I want to teach the idiosyncrasies that differentiate forms of fundamental investing.
One of the first lessons my mentor Doug Hall taught me was that earnings only count if they follow from revenue. On my search for the ideal investment, I've encountered many companies that don't have revenue, a handful of which have earnings that come from who knows where. After earnings comes the growth of those earnings. There are different types of growth that I find appealing.The first type of growth most enthusiasts try their best to find by using stock screeners. It's that predictable variety that appears to persist through time and hopefully continues into the future. So, what do you do when a company projects 50% revenue growth for each of the next three years? If you know how to read a financial statement, you might even notice the company is making money and is fairly inexpensive based on those projections. Care to learn more? Check out Yongye International (YONG). Off you go. Note my positive sentiment on the booming Chinese agriculture industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV