NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- This past week, we asked our readers to wager on who would be the next sponsor to terminate its contract with Tiger Woods.
Because for those of you who have been in solitary confinement, or have been trapped underneath something heavy and without access to any form of media, it's been a bad few weeks for Tiger Woods.
Tiger, disgraced by an ever-widening sex scandal, has gone through a lot since he announced last Friday his intention to take an indefinite hiatus from professional golf.
Just a few days after his announcement, on Sunday, Accenture said it would remove Woods from its advertising campaigns. In fact, the company has pretty much erased Woods from its memory since then, purging their offices of all his posters and removing him from its sales pitches and slideshow presentations. Accenture says it will manage financially without him and has already started planning for a new ad campaign.It was after Accenture's announcement that we put our poll up, asking which of Tiger Woods' remaining sponsors would be the next to drop the golfer. The greatest percentage of voters, 42.7%, felt that P&G's (PG) Gillette brand would be the next to say goodbye to Woods. And indeed, this past week the company announced that it would be phasing him out from its ads as he takes a break from the golf. Perhaps not an official "termination" of their sponsorship, but close. The next highest proportion of TheStreet readers, 38.7%, said they believed TAG Heuer would be the next to drop Woods from their deal. And indeed, on Friday a Swiss daily reported that the company's CEO said TAG will be removing Woods from all of its ad campaigns in the US, due to the controversy surround the billion-plus dollar golfer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV