Dave's Daily: Quad Witching Weirdness
December 18, 2009
QUAD WITCHING WEIRDNESS
This week saw a heavy dose of market moving news featuring the Fed's statement; Jobless Claims; commodity and currency "helter skelter"; a mixed bag of earnings news; perhaps some dangerous events between Iran/Iraq; and, wrapped-up by quad-witching manipulations.
Strong earnings from ORCL and RIMM were featured bullish stories today and financials reversed their recent losing trend perhaps the result of options expiration shenanigans.
Volume rose and is typical for an expiration day while breadth was positive.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV