(Added information on other sponsors.)
Unlike other sponsors that have limited Tiger Woods' roles in their marketing programs, Tag Heuer was direct about telling reporters the reason behind the decision. The company's CEO Jean-Christophe Babin on Friday told Swiss daily, Le Matin, that the company was responding to "recent events" surrounding Tiger.
"We recognize Tiger Woods as a great sportsman but we have to take account of the sensitivity of some consumers in relation to recent events," Babin said.Tag Heuer will continue to work with Tiger Woods' charitable foundation, according to the Swiss daily. Meanwhile, Nike (NKE) and Electronic Arts (ERTS) continue to support Woods through his personal hardships, and Golf Digest says it isn't planning on changing its contract with Woods. He is a contributor editor at the publication. P&G's (PG) Gillette on the other hand, says it will reduce his role in their marketing campaigns, while AT&T (T) announced that it is reviewing its ties with Woods. PepsiCo's (PEP) Gatorade division says it is in talks with Woods' agent, without disclosing the details. >> The Tiger Woods Stock Index -- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV