Symmetry To Close Maine Manufacturing Plant
WARSAW, Ind. (AP) ¿ Medical implant maker Symmetry Medical Inc. said Friday it will close a manufacturing plant in Maine as part of broader cost-saving efforts.
The company said the closing will cost between $2.4 and $2.8 million. Symmetry plans to transfer equipment from the plant to its other facilities.
A restructuring charge between $1.8 million and $2.2 million is expected in the fourth quarter, mainly consisting of employee severance costs and impairment of property and equipment.
Excluding the one-time charges, the company set its full-year 2009 guidance in the range of 63 to 68 cents."These decisions are difficult under any circumstances, and we recognize the personal impact they have on those dedicated employees who have made contributions to the success of our business," said Chief Executive Brian Moore, in a statement. Company shares fell 9 cents to $7.46 in midday trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV