Still, despite the positive spin that Finchem is attempting to place on the loss of Woods, Finchem acknowledges that the world's number one golfer has been "a huge bonus" for the PGA because he's brought in so many "soft viewers."
Reports seem to indicate that Woods' absence and personal woes will cost the PGA Tour, television networks such as CBS (CBS), and merchandise vendors like Nike (NKE) some $220 million or more in lost revenue, according to Bloomberg.
Without him, tournament crowds could shrink by as much as 20% according to organizers; TV audience may drop by 50% according to Nielsen data; and TV advertising could fall by 40%, according to Aaron Cohen, chief media negotiating officer at New York-based ad agency Horizon Media Inc., Bloomberg reports.
-- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York>>See our new stock quote page. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV