Coca-Cola Enterprises said it could see its operating income next year rise in a mid- to high-single digit range, helped by mid-single digit growth in Europe and North America. On top of that, its earnings per diluted share will rise at a high-single digit rate. Right now, the company forecasts that currency rates will come in at the tail end of the company's transactions, which could add about 4 cents of "EPS favorability."
Coca-Cola Enterprises also announced a share repurchase program that would add up to about $600 million by the end of 2010. These days, the company pays an annual dividend of 32 cents per common share.
Coca-Cola Enterprises says it has been especially pleased with its "remarkable results" in Europe through 2009 and will "build on those results and seize new growth opportunities."The weak U.S. economy, however, hasn't been as good to Coca-Cola Enterprises. "However, we remain closely aligned with The Coca-Cola Co. in addressing North America's marketplace challenges...we are united in our approach and remain optimistic about the opportunity to return North America to balanced top-line growth," says Brock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV