Tiger Woods, Dubai World Still Friends
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tiger Woods' Dubai partners will continue to work with him on a golf-course project, it was announced Wednesday, as the two once-high-flying brand names desperately cling onto each other amid their recent respective financial and media maelstroms.
Despite Dubai's serious cash liquidity problems, it is pushing ahead with plans to develop a golf-course named after none other than Tiger Woods himself.
Dubai Properties, the Dubai state-linked property developer working on the long-delayed project, says it will not comment on Woods' personal problems. >> Click here for The Tiger Woods Stock Index
"The Tiger Woods Dubai does not comment on the personal lives of our valued partners," the project's statement said. The statement also said that Dubai Properties could "confirm that it remains committed to the completion of its centerpiece al-Ruwaya golf course ... progress continues on the first golf course designed by Tiger Woods Design."The Windermere, Florida-based Tiger Woods Design is headed by Woods, and the course is part of a far larger leisure and entertainment development on Dubai's dusty outskirts known as Dubailand. Officials had planned to open multiple theme parks, including Universal Studios, Legoland and Six Flags, but the economic downturn has called many of those plans into question.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV