Oil States Int'l Lands $460M Lodging Contract
HOUSTON (AP) ¿ Oil field services company Oil States International Inc. said Tuesday that its subsidiary has received a contract worth $460 million from Imperial Oil Ltd. to provide lodging for workers during its development of the Kearl oil sands project.
Under the three-year contract, PTI Group Inc. will expand its Wapasu Creek Lodge near Fort McMurray, Alberta. The expansion will provide accommodations for up to 4,500 Imperial employees and contractors during the initial Kearl construction efforts.
The contract begins April 1 and extends through March 31, 2013. Kearl oil sands is a mining and extraction project located in Northeast Alberta.
Shares of Oil States rose 77 cents, or 2 percent, to close at $37.17.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV