EVERETT, Wash. ( TheStreet) -- A veritable cargo of space-age substances are taking a ride on Boeing's (BA) 787 Dreamliner Tuesday as the seminal and controversial aircraft makes its first-ever test flight through the skies above Seattle.
For the companies that produce the polymers and metals and fibers that go into the Dreamliner, Boeing's business will almost assuredly boost their prospects, and their stock prices -- but only if the 787 takes its hoped-for place among the fleets of the world's airlines. Investors have bid up shares of Boeing in advance of Tuesday's test flight, but they haven't really done the same to the Dreamliner's biggest suppliers.
Figuratively and literally, there is, in other words, a lot riding on the 787.
With that in mind, here's a breakdown of the stuff that Boeing's dreams are made of -- by weight (the 787 comes in at 547,000 pounds, by the way):
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV