ZymoGenetics Shares Fall On Regulatory Delay
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of ZymoGenetics Inc. dipped Tuesday after the company said additional studies are likely needed to gain European regulatory approval of its only marketed product, Recothrom.
Sales of the drug, which is used to control bleeding during surgical procedures, climbed to $8.5 million from $1.8 million during the third quarter. While approved in the U.S., it is not yet approved in Europe. Seattle-based ZymoGenetics licensed all rights outside of the U.S. to Germany-based Bayer in 2007.
In a Securities and Exchange Commission filing Monday, ZymoGenetics said Bayer pulled its application with European regulators as a response to indications that the drug candidate would take an additional study to gain approval.
The Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use said Bayer's submission did not meet the necessary standards.The stock fell 13 cents, or just under 2 percent, to $6.61 in afternoon trading. ZymoGenetics shares have traded between $2.55 and $7.31 over the last 52 weeks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV