Movers Roundup: Waste Services, GTx
Among the stock activity stories for Monday, Dec. 14, from AP Financial News:
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Waste Services Inc. and IESI-BFC climbed after an analyst upgraded the waste disposal companies, citing a favorable view of their planned merger announced last month.
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ¿ Shares of drug developer GTx Inc. fell after a Friday announcement that it would cut 28 percent of its work force because of a delay in the approval of a drug.
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ¿ Philip Morris International Inc. shares rose after Goldman Sachs put the cigarette maker on its "Conviction Buy" list.SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ¿ Gannett Co. shares climbed after an analyst at The Benchmark Co. upgraded the stock, citing improving prospects for the newspaper publisher and what he sees as solid management strategy. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Brookdale Senior Living Inc. rose after an analyst added the company to a list of preferred stocks and said an aging baby-boomer population provides growth opportunities for the senior living community operator. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Finisar Corp. advanced after an analyst upgraded the networking components maker, saying a recent sell-off of the stock created a "more compelling entry point." SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ¿ Shares of Harmonic Inc., a provider of broadcast and video delivery systems, rose after a CL King analyst upgraded the stock, citing positive factors including rising orders in India and China.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV