The Great Tablet Mystery
After months of rumor and speculation, we should finally see Apple's (AAPL) eagerly-anticipated Tablet device in the coming months. Oppenheimer analyst Yair Reiner recently said that an Apple 10-inch touchscreen e-book could arrive as early as March, citing information from suppliers.
Hewlett-Packard and Toshiba have already tried and failed with their own Tablets -- so there is great interest In Apple's take on the technology."If you just look generically at the Tablet market, it doesn't feel like it's the most important piece of technology that can be introduced in the marketplace," said Deloitte's Openshaw. "There are niche uses for that like healthcare but I wonder whether it's an iterative before voice works as it really should." Openshaw explained that Tablets would be a real game-changer if they offered some form of advanced voice recognition and transcription. "I believe that the Tablet technology that is being discussed now is a stepping stone," he added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV