So, if you think that Apple, PALM and RIMM are too over-exposed, I can give you a menu of the stocks of other companies that go into their devices, that are also part of the mobile internet product cycle, and you can do an hour of homework to determine if you think any one of them in particular is worth owning.
What's being carried along by this huge mobile internet wave? Starent Networks (STAR) (STAR), the enabling structure to allow phone companies to deliver multimedia services on the phones, Analog Devices (ADI) (ADI), RF Micro (RFMD) (RFMD), Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) (SWKS), Texas Instruments (TXN) (TXN), and TriQuint Semi (TQNT) (TQNT) the builders of smart chips that allow the devices to maintain and transmit so much data, Broadcom (BRCM) (BRCM) and Marvel Technologies (MRVL) (MRVL), which make technologies that integrate broadband into the devices, and Sandisk (SNDK) (SNDK), which allows them to store information and retrieve it with lightening speed.
Perhaps the best way to play this new product cycle is with Qualcom (QCOM) (QCOM), which is the largest position in my charitable trust, which you can follow along at www.ActionAlertsPlus. Qualcomm is the company that created the technology that makes so much of smartphone intelligence possible--it's the reason you can get such terrific Internet access on your phone. It's the brains not just of one, but of all the wireless outfits. Wireless infrastructure is being built around the globe to support Qualcomm's brand new chips, its G-4 line, so the company's role in this tech tsunami's just getting started.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV