Clean Edge and Nasdaq's three benchmark clean-tech stock indices ended a calm week, with the Nasdaq Clean Edge Green Energy Index (CELS) down 0.01%, the Nasdaq Clean Edge Global Wind Energy Index (QWND) 1.84% lower, and the Nasdaq OMX Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index (QGRD) climbing 0.76%.
The overall market also saw tepid movement for the week -- the S&P 500 gained 0.04%, the Nasdaq was down 0.18% and Amex Oil ended the week down 1.87%.
CELS -- down 0.01% for the week and up 48.82% from a year ago -- tracks U.S.-listed clean-energy companies and is divided into four categories: advanced materials; energy intelligence; energy storage and conversion; and renewable electricity generation and renewable fuels.
In the advanced materials sector, one of the five component companies was in positive territory. Energy intelligence, the most populated sector of the index, saw eight of its 20 components gain ground. Energy storage and conversion had nine components in the red and only one gaining. For renewable electricity and fuels, nine components were up, four lost ground, and two ended the week unchanged.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV