Worst IPOs of 2009: Biggest Stock Flops
Omeros (OMER) is hoping to win in the marketplace by mixing a cocktail of existing drugs to preemptively curb inflammation during surgery.
But finding commercial success with these PharmacoSurgery products won't be easy. "Rather than developing novel therapies of its own, Omeros simply repackages over-the-counter and prescription generic medications for use in its drug delivery system," Morningstar wrote in a note. "And without a novel product on its hands or a critical unmet need to address, surgeons could be hesitant to replace their current treatment practices with Omeros' pricier offerings."
Omeros began trading on Oct. 8, pricing its 6.82 million shares at $10. But investors, unsure about the company's long-term potential, have since sent shares in Omeros plunging by 30% to close at $7.01 on Dec. 8.In the third quarter, Omeros reported a loss of $3.9 million or $1.34 a share, compared to a loss of $7.4 million or $2.54, in the year-ago quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV