Ahead Of The Bell: Illinois Tool Works Upgraded
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Illinois Tool Works Inc. are set to rise given the company's strong 2010 revenue outlook and cheap stock price, said an analyst on Monday as she upgraded the industrial equipment maker's stock.
Shares of the company rose 95 cents to $48.94 in premarket trading.
FBR Capital Markets analyst Deane Dray said the stock price offers an attractive entry point for investors, especially after the company projected 2010 revenue growth between 6 percent and 8 percent at its outlook meeting last Friday.
Dray said this "impressive" forecast prompted her to raise her 2010 and 2011 profit estimates to $2.85 per share and $3.45 per share, up from $2.70 per share and $3.30 per share, respectively. The company will not release its 2010 earnings outlook until it reports fourth quarter results in January.Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters project 2010 and 2011 earnings of $2.67 per share and $3.28 per share. Dray upgraded her rating on the Glenview, Ill. company to "Outperform" from "Market Perform," and raised her price target to $58 from $55.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV