Beijing Auto to Buy Certain Saab Assets
Updated from 12:55 a.m. EST
BEIJING (TheStreet) -- Beijing Automotive Industry Holding confirmed it has reached a deal to acquire certain assets of General Motors' Saab unit.
The deal includes intellectual property for Saab's 9-3 compact sedan series and the current 9-5 midsize car, along with their engines, transmissions and other equipment to make the cars.
Beijing Auto didn't disclose financial details of the transaction in a statement Monday.The Wall Street Journal reports Beijing Auto plans to finance the acquisition in part through loans from Chinese state banks and it already has a 20 billion yuan ($2.93 billion) line of credit from Bank of China. Meanwhile, Bloomberg reports General Motors has adjusted its plan for Saab to focus on selling the entire unit, with Spyker Cars, a Dutch maker of luxury sports cars, emerging as a frontrunner. The deal with Beijing Auto is separate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV