Buyers Not Buying GM Shake-Up, Poll Says
The pay czar, Kenneth Feinberg, is further extending salary restrictions by limiting these executives to salaries of $500,000 and putting an end to bonuses unrelated to performance. Additional restrictions include withholding 50% of compensation for at least three years and limiting cash to 45% of annual salary.
GM could follow in the footsteps of other TARP recipients -- such as Bank of America (BAC), which recently repaid the government funds, or Citigroup (C), which is expected to repay the funds shortly. The move allowed Bank of America's next 75 highest-paid executives to avoid the recently announced pay restrictions.
-- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York >>See our new stock quote page.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV