Starent Networks Shareholders Endorse Cisco Merger
TEWKSBURY, Mass. (AP) ¿ Starent Networks Corp. has cleared a key hurdle toward its pending acquisition by the world's largest maker of computer networking equipment.
Starent said Friday its shareholders have endorsed the $2.9 billion sale to Cisco Systems Inc. Cisco is paying $35 a share in cash.
Starent spokeswoman Jennifer Buchhalter says the sale requires regulatory approval.
Starent, which is based in Tewksbury, Mass., makes equipment that allows cell phone carriers to tie their wireless networks to the Internet. It will become Cisco's new Mobile Internet Technology Group, headed by Starent CEO Ashraf Dahod. Cisco is based in San Jose, Calif.Starent has an estimated market share of about 85 percent in its niche, which includes selling technology to carriers such as Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV