Lee Enterprises Says Ad Sales Improving
DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) ¿ Echoing other media companies, newspaper publisher Lee Enterprises Inc. said Friday its advertising sales strengthened in November for the third month in a row.
Lee still expects operating revenue to decline 14 percent to 15 percent for the current quarter when compared with the same period a year earlier. Revenue had declined an average of 20 percent in the first three quarters of the year.
"Based on trends through early December, we're hopeful that the turnaround has begun," said Mary Junck, the company's chairman and CEO, in a statement.
Lee's shares fell 4 cents to close Friday at $3.54.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV