Eagle Materials Closes Plant With 70 Workers
DALLAS (AP) ¿ Building materials maker Eagle Materials Inc. said Friday it is closing a plant in New Mexico with 70 workers.
Eagle Materials will close its wallboard plant in Bernalillo, N.M. The shutdown will cut its annual wallboard production capacity by about 475 million square feet, or 15 percent of its U.S. capacity.
The company, based in Dallas, said the prolonged housing slump and "limited prospects for a quick recovery" in Western regions such as in Southern California, Southern Nevada and Arizona.
The closure is not expected to affect Eagle Materials fiscal 2010 financial results.Shares rose 2 cents to $26.83 during late-day trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV