Eagle Materials Closes Plant With 70 Workers
DALLAS (AP) ¿ Building materials maker Eagle Materials Inc. said Friday it is closing a plant in New Mexico with 70 workers.
Eagle Materials will close its wallboard plant in Bernalillo, N.M. The shutdown will cut its annual wallboard production capacity by about 475 million square feet, or 15 percent of its U.S. capacity.
The company, based in Dallas, said the prolonged housing slump and "limited prospects for a quick recovery" in Western regions such as in Southern California, Southern Nevada and Arizona.
The closure is not expected to affect Eagle Materials fiscal 2010 financial results.Shares rose 2 cents to $26.83 during late-day trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV