Cramer's 'Stop Trading!': Gerdau, Vale
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- There are some great stock plays coming out of Brazil, Jim Cramer said during his Stop Trading! segment on CNBC.
Cramer says Gerdau, a low-cost producer of steel, is a great play on Brazilian infrastructure and would own this stock right through the World Cup and the Olympics. It has a $15 billion budget for the Olympics.
Cramer owns Vale for his charitable trust.When it comes to integrated oils, however, Cramer isn't getting behind companies like Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR). One of the biggest initial public offerings of the year came from Banco Santander Brasil (BSBR). Despite the deal garnering $2.02 billion, Cramer says you don't want to own the company. Instead, Cramer says to look to its parent, Banco Santander (STD), which he says is really in control. "It is one of the most responsible lenders in the world," he said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV