Aceto Declares Semiannual Cash Dividend
LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y. (AP) ¿ Aceto Corp., a distributor of chemicals and generic drugs, said Friday it would pay a regular semiannual dividend of 10 cents per share.
The cash dividend will be distributed on Jan. 15 to shareholders of record as of Dec. 24.
The dividend is the same level paid semiannually last year and in the first half of this year.
The company's chairman, Albert Eilender, said in a statement that short-term earnings do not support the dividend level, but the company's cash position and confidence in long-term earnings growth justifies the payout.The company's board also reaffirmed its stock repurchase authorization, which is scheduled to expire in May 2011. The company is authorized to purchase up to 4,051,000 shares of common stock in open market or privately negotiated transactions at prices not to exceed the market value of the common stock at the time of such purchases. Aceto distributes over 1,000 chemicals and pharmaceuticals used principally as raw materials in the pharmaceutical, crop protection, surface coating/ink and general chemical consuming industries. Shares rose 19 cents, or nearly 4 percent, to $5.03.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV