The following commentary about health stocks was written by Ankit Gupta, who blogs about investing at Selected Financials.
Authentidate (ADAT) is a New Jersey based company providing IT solutions for the Healthcare markets. Specifically, they handle electronic medical/health records.
On Tuesday, Authentidate announced $3.4M of capital being raised through the issuance of common stock and warrants, underwritten by Rodman & Renshaw (RODM).
The warrants are only good for 90 days, though, and exercisable at $1, with the stock recently trading right at $1. There is a clear bet from the investors that something will happen in the next 3 months, causing the stock price to go significantly above $1, making those warrants actually worth something. If the stock stays at its current level, these warrants could be worthless.In the last quarterly report, we saw inventory for telehealth devices increase. These are sold through ExpressMD. The data in the following table image comes directly from their quarterly report. For a company that has such little cash, had to raise $3.4 million, get emergency financing for $3 million from a board member's family member, this is a significant move.
| Sept. 30, 2009
|| June 30, 2009
| Purchased Components
| Finished Goods
| Total Inventory
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV