The following commentary about health stocks was written by Ankit Gupta, who blogs about investing at Selected Financials.
Authentidate (ADAT) is a New Jersey based company providing IT solutions for the Healthcare markets. Specifically, they handle electronic medical/health records.
On Tuesday, Authentidate announced $3.4M of capital being raised through the issuance of common stock and warrants, underwritten by Rodman & Renshaw (RODM).
The warrants are only good for 90 days, though, and exercisable at $1, with the stock recently trading right at $1. There is a clear bet from the investors that something will happen in the next 3 months, causing the stock price to go significantly above $1, making those warrants actually worth something. If the stock stays at its current level, these warrants could be worthless.In the last quarterly report, we saw inventory for telehealth devices increase. These are sold through ExpressMD. The data in the following table image comes directly from their quarterly report. For a company that has such little cash, had to raise $3.4 million, get emergency financing for $3 million from a board member's family member, this is a significant move.
| Sept. 30, 2009
|| June 30, 2009
| Purchased Components
| Finished Goods
| Total Inventory
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV