Duoyuan Global Water
With a shortage of clean water in China, there is significant demand in Beijing-based water-treatment-and-processing company Duoyuan Global Water (DGW).
The proof of this investor interest came right after the company began trading on the New York Stock Exchange on June 24. Priced at $16 a share, topping its expected range between $13 and $15, it soared nearly 40% in its first day on the market.
That energy hasn't waned. Over the course of the half year since its debut, Duoyuan Global Water has spiked 134% to close at $37.49 on Jan. 4.The China Association of Environmental Protection Industry estimates that circulating water treatment, purification and wastewater treatment equipment will become an $18 billion industry by 2010. With sales of only $87 million in 2008, Duoyuan has substantial room to grow, according to Morningstar. "Because China lagged developed countries in water-treatment needs, Duoyuan was able to offer products that meet domestic demand, but might be too low-end for multinational companies to have a technological edge on," Morningstar said in a note. Water-treatment giants like General Electric (GE) have been unsuccessful at penetrating the Chinese market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV