Lihua International (LIWA), the Chinese maker of copper-clad aluminum wire and recycled scrap copper wire (the cheaper version of pure copper wire) used in consumer electronics, white goods, automotive, utility, telecommunications and specialty cable industries, came to the market at just $4 a share. But since Lihua International's IPO on September 8, the stock has soared 165.5% to close at $10.62 on Jan. 4.
In November, the company announced that it swung to a loss of $1.3 million, or 8 cents a share, in its third quarter, although its sales nearly tripled.
Most of the loss was the result of a non-cash charge for the change in the fair value of warrants issued to investors in conjunction with the company's issuance of convertible preferred stock in October 2008. Excluding the charge, Lihua actually earned $6.7 million, or 39 cents a share.Sales grew to $40.9 million from $14.3 million in the year prior.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV