You know what would be the most frightening thing that could happen to the bears?
If Goldman Sachs (GS) would rally back to where it was when it reported. Now that the bonus issue has been decided, and the company could get off the front page, we might see the stock get some support, especially because it sounds like people will be locked up and can't sell for some time.
We all know there have been myriad stories about how Goldman isn't having a great quarter but I have to wonder with the spread on Treasuries being at the widest since 1980 how in heck could they not be having a monster quarter? This should be the quarter to end all quarters, with compensation under control and the yield curve allowing money to be made doing nothing.
I can't wish a stock up. But if this one were to make it back to the $180s, we would have a different market and every bear knows it.>>See our new stock quote page.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV