NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Several stocks trading under $10 were poised to move on above-average volume during Friday's session.
Sunesis Pharmaceuticals (SNSS) was up 3 cents, or 2.1%, to $1.42 in the premarket session. Still, it that was a day after Sunesis had reached a 52-week high of $1.83 on Thursday -- Sunesis had not closed at over $1 in more than a year until yesterday.
Sunesis most recently reported positive results in trials for a leukemia drug on Dec. 7. The 50-day average daily volume for Santarus is 1.4 million, according to the Nasdaq.
Nexmed (NEXM) was up 5 cents, or close to 18%, to $0.29 in the premarket session.The most recent news from Nexmed was its acquisition of privately held Bio-Quant back in November. The 50-day average daily volume for Nexmed is 3.4 million, according to the Nasdaq. U.S. Energy Corp (USEG) dropped 37 cents, or close to 6.6%, to $5.21 in the premarket session. The most recent news on Deer Consumer was a 5 million share offering commenced on Dec. 3. The 50-day average daily volume for U.S. Energy is 691,000, according to the Nasdaq. Akeena Solar (AKNS) yesterday's chart topper with a huge 56% gain, was down 1 cents or 0.6%, in the pre-market on Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV