Nasdaq Notifies Companies Of Possible Delisting
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Three companies said Thursday they have received notices from the Nasdaq Stock Market that they have fallen out of compliance with rules to remain listed. A fourth company was given more time to get back into compliance.
The exchange requires companies to maintain an average $1 per share price for 30 consecutive business days to remain listed.
Companies receiving notices have 180 calendar days to get their shares back to $1. If they don't, Nasdaq will notify them of a potential delisting. The companies may appeal and are frequently given more time.
Among those notified recently are:¿Anchor BanCorp Wisconsin Inc., which said it received a letter Dec. 4. The Madison, Wis., company is the parent of AnchorBank, which has more than 70 offices in Wisconsin. Shares fell 3 cents, or 4.4 percent to close at 65 cents. ¿South Financial Group Inc., of Greenville, S.C., said it received a notice on Dec. 4. The company said it will consider various options to resolve the deficiency. South Financial is a bank holding company with 177 branch offices in North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and on the Internet. Shares fell 3 cents, or 5 percent, to close at 55 cents. ¿FiberTower Corp., a San Francisco cell phone tower and service provider, said it received a Nasdaq notice on Dec. 8. The company said it expects to conduct a 1-for-10 reverse stock split, which is expected to allow it to regain the $1 per share requirement. Shares fell 3 cents, or 5.8 percent, to 49 cents Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV