Wind Versus Solar: Is One a Better Wager?
The biggest solar gainer of the day was Akeena Solar (AKNS), but it operates in a different market than the major solar players, focusing on the U.S. residential rooftop area and announcing a deal with Lowe's (LOW) on Thursday.
The rest of the solar pack was in negative territory. Whether that's an indication that the big run-up is winding down, and that wind has moved to another alternative energy area, is still impossible to say.
There may be plenty of room for both wind and solar in the long run, but in the short-term, or at least for a day, solar was the one that seemed a little winded.
-- Reported by Eric Rosenbaum in New York.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV