The biggest solar gainer of the day was Akeena Solar (AKNS), but it operates in a different market than the major solar players, focusing on the U.S. residential rooftop area and announcing a deal with Lowe's (LOW) on Thursday.
The rest of the solar pack was in negative territory. Whether that's an indication that the big run-up is winding down, and that wind has moved to another alternative energy area, is still impossible to say.
There may be plenty of room for both wind and solar in the long run, but in the short-term, or at least for a day, solar was the one that seemed a little winded.
-- Reported by Eric Rosenbaum in New York.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV