Enzo Biochem 1Q Loss Narrows On Revenue Boost
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Biotechnology company Enzo Biochem Inc. said Thursday its 2010 fiscal first-quarter loss narrowed on a boost in laboratory services and product revenue.
The company provides diagnostic services and makes research products and medical tools.
For the three months ended Oct. 31, the company lost $1.8 million, or 5 cents per share, compared with a loss of $6.4 million, or 17 cents per share, a year ago. Revenue rose 19 percent to $25.2 million from $21.1 million.
Revenue from tests and other products rose 8 percent during the quarter to $10.7 million while clinical lab services revenue climbed 36 percent to $11.1 million. Royalties and license fee income increased 14 percent to $3.3 million.Enzo shares fell 18 cents, or 3.2 percent, to close at $5.38.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV