Oxford Industries Jumps After Improved Outlook
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ¿ Shares of Oxford Industries Inc., an owner and licenser of clothing brands, jumped Thursday after the company issued a 2009 profit outlook that topped Wall Street expectations.
Shares rose $3.36, or 16 percent, to $24.43 in early afternoon trading. Oxford's brands include Tommy Bahama, Ben Sherman, Oxford Golf and others.
The improved profit forecast was issued with third-quarter results that showed adjusted profit of 32 cents per share, which excluded an accounting charge, easily beating an 18-cent-per-share prediction of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters.
Morgan Joseph & Co. analyst Jeffrey Blaeser maintained a "Hold" rating on the stock but said he was encouraged by the momentum that is building."Oxford has effectively navigated a challenging economic environment and mid-teens year-over-year sales declines through effective cost management," Blaeser told investors in a research report. On Wednesday, the Atlanta-based company raised its 2009 profit guidance to a range of $1.20 to $1.25 per share, up from an earlier estimate of 90 cents to $1.05. Analyst expect $1.03 per share in profit, on average.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV