Earnings Roundup: Gildan Activewear, Smithfield
Among the earnings stories for Thursday, Dec. 10, from AP Financial News:
¿ Gildan Activewear said its profit nearly doubled in the fourth quarter even as sales fell and it took a big writedown in the value of inventory.
¿ Smithfield Foods Inc. lost money in the second quarter, as continued weak prices in its hog business offset better results in its packaged-meat business.
¿ Nutraceutical International Corp., a manufacturer and distributor of nutritional supplements and other natural products, said fiscal 2009 fourth-quarter profit doubled on a boost in sales and lower costs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV