Nutraceutical International 4Q Profit Doubles
PARK CITY, Utah (AP) ¿ Nutraceutical International Corp., a manufacturer and distributor of nutritional supplements and other natural products, said Thursday fiscal 2009 fourth-quarter profit doubled on a boost in sales and lower costs.
For the quarter ended Sept. 30, net income rose to $3.2 million, or 29 cents per share, from $1.5 million, or 14 cents per share, in the prior-year period. Sales rose 1 percent to $41.4 million from $40.9 million
Meanwhile, the company's selling, general, and administrative costs fell 5 percent to $15.6 million. Also, the prior-year period included a $2.9 million impairment charge.
For the full year, the company lost $14 million, or $1.29 per share, compared with profit of $11.9 million, or $1.07, a year earlier. Sales fell to $162.3 million from $166.9 million.Shares of Nutraceutical International rose 48 cents, or 4.1 percent, to $12.08 in morning trading. The stock has traded between $5.59 and $12.99 over the last 52 weeks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV