The United States Natural Gas (UNG) is a third way to access natural gas, This exchange-traded fund has had its ups and downs because it holds futures contracts and can be affected by contango or backwardation as well as regulations imposed by the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). UNG is up 7% after hitting a low on Dec. 3.
Investing in natural gas has its risks, and a good way to mitigate these risks is through the use of an exit strategy. According to the latest data at www.SmartStops.net, an upward trend in the previously mentioned equities could come to an end at the following price points: CHK at $21.85; PNY at $23.94; UNG at $8.98. These price points change with market volatility, and updated data can be found at www.SmartStops.net.
-- Written By Kevin Grewal in Laguna Niguel, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV