The United States Natural Gas (UNG) is a third way to access natural gas, This exchange-traded fund has had its ups and downs because it holds futures contracts and can be affected by contango or backwardation as well as regulations imposed by the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). UNG is up 7% after hitting a low on Dec. 3.
Investing in natural gas has its risks, and a good way to mitigate these risks is through the use of an exit strategy. According to the latest data at www.SmartStops.net, an upward trend in the previously mentioned equities could come to an end at the following price points: CHK at $21.85; PNY at $23.94; UNG at $8.98. These price points change with market volatility, and updated data can be found at www.SmartStops.net.
-- Written By Kevin Grewal in Laguna Niguel, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV