OneBeacon Insurance Group
OneBeacon Insurance Group (OB) has a small challenge. Recently revised by S&P to "stable," Moody's last week put the company under review for a possible downgrade following the disclosure that it had sold renewal rights to Hanover Insurance Group (THG) for $490 million in business. Hanover said this week its board had approved an increase of $100 million to the company's existing share-repurchase program, providing for aggregate repurchases of up to $300 million of the company's common stock.
So why buy OneBeacon's stock? First, it has risen 44% over the past year, proving it has been able to escape the pain of the insurance market. With a beta of only 0.92, OneBeacon doesn't correlate with the broader stock market.
A P/E ratio of 2.9 and a book value of 92% are attractive. Trading is at normal levels and short interest is dropping, down from more than 4 to 2.6 in the past week. Price might not be the main attraction, as the stock is just over the top of analysts' mean projection, but the dividend yield of 6.31% is exceptional.-- Reported by Gavin Magor in Jupiter, Fla.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV