Panhandle Oil And Gas 4Q Profit Drops
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Panhandle Oil and Gas, Inc. said Wednesday that its fourth-quarter profit plunged by 96 percent as expanding supplies pushed energy prices lower.
The oil and natural gas producer, which has headquarters in Oklahoma City, reported net income of $343,376, or 4 cents a share in the three months that ended Sept. 30, compared with $8.78 million, or $1.04 a share in the same period of 2008.
Quarterly revenue dropped 55 percent to $10,983,290.
For the full year, Panhandle posted a loss of $2,405,021, or 29 cents per share, compared with a profit of $21,555,769, or $2.54 per share, in the 2008 fiscal year.Americans cut way back on energy use this year, and energy companies pumped expanding supplies into storage. The U.S. is now storing more natural gas than ever, according to the Energy Information Administration. In 2010, Panhandle said it plans to keep drilling in its Woodford and Fayetteville projects, and it said it would increase drilling operations in the Anadarko (Cana) Woodford project in Western Oklahoma. Panhandle stock rose 2 cents to $23.04 in after-hours trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV