NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Copenhagen climate talks, movement in the dollar and gold prices and more news from the financial sector will impact ETFs this week. Here are five ETFs to watch in this week.
No. 1 PowerShares WilderHill Clean Energy (PBW). As the Copenhagen climate talks kick off this week, investor attention will be focused on carbon emissions cuts and clean energy firms. While the Barclays iPath ETN group has a fund specifically targeting carbon emissions plans - the lightly traded and very focused Barclays' iPath Global Carbon ETN (GRN).
PBW is a large, liquid ETF with an average daily trading volume of more than 400,000 shares, and total assets of $747 million. PBW tracks companies that focus on greener and generally renewable sources of energy and technologies that facilitate cleaner energy.
Top holdings in PBW include American Semiconductor (AMSC), Fuel Systems Solutions (FSYS) and Trina Solar (TSL). As clean energy emissions are hashed out abroad, this fund could benefit stateside from increased awareness of companies making an effort to cut back on harmful emissions.No. 2. PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish (UUP). The U.S. dollar hit a one-month high Monday morning as investors eyed jobs data and future fed action. Investors will be tuned to rate-change signals when Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke speaks this afternoon at the Economic Club of Washington, Thus far, the Federal Reserve has indicated a strong willingness to keep rates low for the foreseeable future to stem job losses and aid economic recovery. UUP tracks the Deutsche Bank Long US Dollar Index, comprised of futures contracts and designed to replicate the performance of being long the US dollar against the following currencies: euro, yen, British pound, Canadian dollar, Swedish krona and Swiss franc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV