With a continued focus on energy policy both domestic and worldwide, opportunities within the energy sector abound. As an investor, don't limit yourself to the integrated oils and exploration and production (E&P) firms when considering energy. Instead, include a broadly diversified set of equities collectively referred to as alternative energy.
While the alt-energy sector pales in size compared to the established energy sector (integrated oils and natural gas and crude oil E&P), it offers the potential for significant opportunity in the coming months and years. With an international focus on global warming, alt-energy continues to attract unparalleled attention.
In trading, though, it all comes down to timing. You can be very right about what will happen in the future but be dead wrong about when it happens and how it unfolds. The result is that you end up losing both opportunity and money despite being able to "see the future." So from a larger perspective, what is the current trading landscape for the entire energy sector?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV