NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Tiger Woods has gotten himself into quite a bind of late. We imagine that, by now, you no longer need the details, as they are as familiar to any sentient citizen of the planet.
But despite Tiger's admissions of "transgressions" and "profound apologies" it only keeps getting worse, with the latest reports saying that he has offered to pay his wife, Elin Nordegren, $5 million in a revised prenuptial agreement to keep her from walking away with the kids. Word is he's willing to pay her an additional $55 million to stay with him for two more years and will up the ante to $80 million if she stays with him for at least seven years.
Despite it all, big sponsors like
Procter & Gamble
(PG)company Gillette say they will continue to support him through his personal crisis.
Gatorade has decided to discontinue the Tiger Woods line of sports drink" , but has not dropped Tiger as an endorser. Do you think they are making the right decision?
-- Written by Andrea Tse in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV