IPO Watch: NorthStar Healthcare
(Updated with additional IPO's in the coming week, along with analysis of recent IPO performance.)
NorthStar Healthcare is the senior housing unit of NorthStar Realty Finance. The company operates or leases 66 senior housing facilities in 14 states, most of which are located in Wisconsin and Illinois.
Movie studio The Film Department also plans to go public, looking to offer 7.1 million shares at $12 to $14 each. The company hopes to rake in $85 million from the deal, plus $5.6 million in underwriters' warrants.This spring The Film is releasing a romantic comedy starring Catherine Zeta-Jones and Justin Bartha. December will be another busy month for IPOs, as 10 offerings are scheduled to come to market over the next two weeks. These include mortgage real estate investment trust Ellington Financial and hotel REITs Chesapeake Lodging Trust and Pebblebrook Hotel Trust. KAR, a provider of used vehicle auction services, will also head to market next week. It is looking to raise $368 million, offering 23 million shares in the range of $15 to $17 each. So far one of the most successful deals came last month from Fortinet (FTNT), as it ranked as the fourth best U.S. debut of 2009. Other deals in the fourth quarter came from Archipelago Learning (ARCL), 7 Days (SVN), Cloud Peak Energy (CLD) and Global Defense Technology & Systems (GTEC). But some of the most successful IPOs recently have actually come out of China, with Duoyuan Global Water (DGW), Changyou.com (CYOU) and Lihua International (LIWA). Likewise, this week Beijing-based Concord Medical Services is looking to raise $158.7 million. The company is expected to start trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Friday under the ticker "ACOM." -- Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV