Gold Prices Cheap: Analyst
Some analysts believe gold is an asset bubble waiting to burst, even China's central bank weighed in with that idea. But James Turk, author and founder of GoldMoney, argues that gold will hit $8,000 by 2015. Turk says to ignore the price and just pick one day every month and buy the precious metal. Sometimes investors will get gold at a lower price and sometimes they will pay up, but, over time, Turk argues that they will accumulate the precious metal at a good average cost. I asked Turk for the best way to buy.
James Turk: For most individuals, I just recommend buying physical gold. If you're a speculator or a professional trader, you might want to buy paper gold in one of its variable alternatives in order to try trading and make some additional money. But you know gold is a wealth preservation asset and that's why I say view it as a savings account. Instead of saving via currency, which is losing purchasing power ... hold gold instead. The other thing to keep in mind is when you're buying physical gold there are basically only two ways to do it. You buy it and you store it yourself or you buy it and you have someone store it for you, which is what we do in my company, Goldmoney. Both alternatives have advantages and disadvantages.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV