Gold Prices Cheap: Analyst
Some analysts believe gold is an asset bubble waiting to burst, even China's central bank weighed in with that idea. But James Turk, author and founder of GoldMoney, argues that gold will hit $8,000 by 2015. Turk says to ignore the price and just pick one day every month and buy the precious metal. Sometimes investors will get gold at a lower price and sometimes they will pay up, but, over time, Turk argues that they will accumulate the precious metal at a good average cost. I asked Turk for the best way to buy.
James Turk: For most individuals, I just recommend buying physical gold. If you're a speculator or a professional trader, you might want to buy paper gold in one of its variable alternatives in order to try trading and make some additional money. But you know gold is a wealth preservation asset and that's why I say view it as a savings account. Instead of saving via currency, which is losing purchasing power ... hold gold instead. The other thing to keep in mind is when you're buying physical gold there are basically only two ways to do it. You buy it and you store it yourself or you buy it and you have someone store it for you, which is what we do in my company, Goldmoney. Both alternatives have advantages and disadvantages.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV