Ross Perot Jr. To Join Dell's Board
ROUND ROCK, Texas (AP) ¿ Computer maker Dell Inc. said Friday that Ross Perot Jr., son of former presidential candidate Ross Perot Sr. and chairman of Perot Systems Corp. before Dell bought the company this year, will join its board.
Dell said Perot will start immediately and stand for election by shareholders at the company's annual meeting next year.
Dell agreed to acquire Perot Systems, a technology services company founded by Perot Sr., in September for $3.9 billion. The deal closed Nov. 3.
Dell shares rose 8 cents to $13.54 in midday trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV