United States Federal Circuit Court Of Appeals Rebukes CTS Cement And Owner Edward K. Rice, According To Ultimax Cement
WASHINGTON, Dec. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- In a precedent-setting opinion, the U.S. Federal Circuit Court of Appeals today upheld Ultimax Cement's rapid-hardening cement patents and held against accused patent infringers CTS Cement and its owner Edward K. Rice.
In 2002, Ultimax sued CTS, Rice and their customers including cement-mix heavyweights Quikrete Companies and White Cap in federal district court for infringing Ultimax's patents for the past twelve years. Ultimax contended CTS's flagship product, Rapid-Set cement, infringed Ultimax's rapid-hardening cement patents. In 2005, the district court sided with CTS and held that Ultimax's patents were invalid or not infringed. Ultimax appealed.
The Federal Circuit today ruled that Ultimax's patents were valid and Ultimax will proceed to trial against CTS and the other defendants for infringement and damages.
Ultimax CEO Hassan Kunbargi said, "We welcome the Federal Circuit Court's decision and look forward to proving infringement and damages against CTS and the other defendants." Kunbargi also thanked his attorneys, Saied Kashani, and William J. Robinson for "years of hard work." Kunbargi added, "I am especially grateful to the late "top dog" litigator Peter Aronson, who always believed in us and our case."SOURCE Ultimax Cement
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV