1. Neogen (NEOG) sells food safety tests.
The numbers: Fiscal first-quarter net income increased 18% to $4.4 million, or 29 cents a share, as revenue grew 12% to $32 million. Neogen's gross margin rose from 55% to 57%, and its operating margin expanded from 20% to 21%. The company has an ideal financial position, with $24 million of cash and no debt.
The stock: Neogen has climbed 34% this year, outpacing the Dow and S&P 500. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 35, a premium to the market and health care supply peers. The company doesn't pay dividends.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV