Five Small-Cap Stocks With Growth Potential
BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Small-cap stocks have been trailing blue-chips in recent weeks, but these companies have the potential to outpace large-cap names.
5. Continucare (CNU) provides outpatient services at 15 medical centers.
The numbers: Fiscal first-quarter net income doubled to $5.3 million, or 9 cents a share. Revenue grew 17% to $76 million. Continucare's gross margin expanded from 17% to 22%, and its operating margin widened from 6% to 11%. The company has an ideal financial position, with $23 million of cash and no debt.
The stock: Continucare has rallied 49% this year, more than major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 11, a discount to the market and health care service peers. Continucare doesn't pay dividends.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV